blog template

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Everyday survival : why smart people do stupid things / Laurence Gonzales.


I have actually made some time to do a little reading for myself in the evenings before bed and am reading Everyday Survival: Why Smart People Do Stupid Things.

So far, it is very interesting and helps me understand why I end up doing some of the things I do when I go into what I call "auto-pilot."

This book has a healthy dose of examples from current events, mixed in with speculation about ancient creatures. I like the examples, but have yet to decide how much I like that every chapter ends with a pronouncement about the destruction of the earth. Once I see how it evolves and wraps up I can make a decision. Right now, it feels almost like I want to skip the last page of each chapter because I know what it will say.

2 comments:

elderchild said...

It has been promised that The Creator will destroy those who destroy the earth(HIS Creation).

thedestructionoftheearth.wordpress.com

Laura said...

Here is an interesting discussion of the Bible verse mentioned in elderchild's comment:

http://viaemmaus.wordpress.com/2008/09/24/will-revelation-1118-be-green/

Note, I did not comment whether I believed or did not believe that we are destroying the earth; instead I commented that the end of every chapter of this book was predictable so far.