blog template

Friday, May 8, 2009

What's a Tawashi?


I had never heard of a tawashi until someone mentioned one of my coaster patterns would make a good tawashi. I did some research and discovered that a tawashi is a cute little scrubber, generally made of acrylic yarn. They often have a face as well.

For my tawashi I generally use cotton yarn and nylon tulle so that you can decide whether you want to use the scrubber to wash your dishes, your bathroom, or yourself. Acrylic and nylon works great for dishes and cleaning sinks, but I would not recommend acrylic for washing your skin.


If you think you may be interested in some tawashi of your very own, please check out my Etsy shop, Laura's Left Hook. I also have patterns for several tawashi available in my Etsy shop as well as on Artfire at Laura's Left Hook.

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

I think they are simply adorable, Laura, and I wonder if you're going to make a bee one day? (hint, hint)

Doris
http://CrochetinginGeorgia.blogspot.com/